I. Dance Requirements
- Material used in all divisions should be based on all approved NDCA Syllabus and allowable figures.A) Closed Divisions: Pro/Am & Amateur – American or International – Newcomer, Pre-Bronze, Bronze 1, Full Bronze, Newcomer Silver, Silver l, Full Silver, Gold 1, Full Gold,B) Open Divisions: Pro/Am & Amateur – American or International – Single or Multi-Dance: Open Bronze, Open Silver, Open Gold, Scholarships, Pre-Championships, Open Amateur Championships, Solo Exhibitions and all Professional Divisions.
- No Lifts are permitted at any time in the above mentioned divisions with the exception of Professional Theatre Arts. Please see NDCA Rule Book.
- Professional Theatre Arts Competitors and Pro/Am Solo exhibitions must provide their own music through a USB Thumb Drive MP3 Format.
- Due to time constraints, the maximum time allowed for Solo exhibitions is 2½ minutes. Only the first 25 exhibitions will be accepted.
- Age categories may be merged when there are less than three (3) entries in any category
- Pro/Am and amateur competitors may dance two age and three consecutive levels, plus Open division
- Scholarship Divisions: are merged ladies and gentlemen and age divisions are A/B/C unless otherwise stated. A competitor must enter in a minimum of 5 single dances (4 in smooth) in the same style of each scholarship entered to be eligible to participate in that scholarship. Student may dance one age division only.
II. Dress Code
The appropriate dress code for all Divisions and Standards as is outlined and stated in the NDCA Rule Book.
III. Top Teacher Awards /Top Studio Awards
Teacher eligible for the Top Teacher Awards must be on a package and dance a minimum of 125 entries to qualify. Qualifying teachers will be awarded points based on the number of entries and placement in all Pro/Am divisions, including Solo and Scholarship Events. Points are based of the World Dancesport Series.
|Placement||Pro/Am Single-2 Dance||Pro/Am 3, 4 or 5 dance|
|1st||8 pts||20 pts|
|2nd||7 pts||15 pts|
|3rd||6 pts||10 pts|
|4th||5 pts||8 pts|
|5th||4 pts||6 pts|
|6th||3 pts||4 pts|
|7th||2 pts||2 pts|
|8th||1 pt||2 pts|
|Recalls||4 pts||5 pts|
Uncontested will be 1/2 Point.
Total top teacher prize money is dispersed over four days places 1-6 for each style and will be presented at the end of the session for that style.
Entry deadline is:January 25, 2024
Entries received after this date will be subject to a late entry fee of $20 per dance. NO ENTRY can be accepted if not accompanied with payment. There are no refunds for cancellations. Cancellations will be issued a credit and applied to the following year’s Championship. Hotel Package cancellation credits are subject to a surcharge if canceled less than 7 days prior to the event.
V. Special Attention
All persons attending this event, whether as a spectator, competitor, official or guest of the organizer, Florida Star Ball, shall be bound by the rules of the National Dance Council of America, Inc. No responsibility for loss or theft of articles left in any changing rooms, ballroom or hotel room can be accepted by the organizer or the NDCA and neither can either party be held liable for any injury sustained by any persons attending the event. All attendees do so at their own risk.